Burgers are one of the most popular foods. There’s nothing quite like biting into a juicy, flavorful burger fresh off the grill. But how do you make sure your burgers are perfect every time? Follow these tips and you’ll be a burger pro in no time!
1. Choose the right beef – For burgers, you want to use ground chuck which is an 80/20 beef to fat ratio. Any leaner and your burger will be dry, any fattier and it will be greasy.
2. Season your beef – Use salt and pepper generously. This is the only chance you have to season the inside of your burger so don’t hold back! You can also mix in other spices at this point if desired such as garlic powder, onion powder, etc.
3. Use a good meat grinder – A meat grinder will give you the best results for a perfectly textured burger. You won’t have to worry about over-mixing the meat, which can make it tough. If you don’t have one, you might want to read meat grinder reviews to find the best one for you.
4. Make uniform patties – This ensures that all of your burgers will cook evenly. Use a burger press or a large cookie scoop to make perfectly round patties that are all uniform in size.
5. Create a dimple – Make a small indentation in the center of each patty with your thumb. This will help the burgers keep their shape while cooking and prevent them from puffing up in the middle.
6. Preheat your grill (or skillet) – You want to make sure that your grill (or skillet) is adequately hot before adding your burgers. Otherwise, they will stick and tear when you try to flip them.
7. Don’t press down on the burgers while they are cooking – This squeezes out all of the flavorful juices, leaving you with a dry burger. Resist the urge to press down!
8. Flip only once – Flipping too often will again result in dry burgers. Give each side plenty of time to cook before flipping so that you only have to flip once per burger.
9. Let rest before serving – Once removed from the grill or skillet, let your burgers rest for 3-5 minutes before adding any toppings or serving them. This allows all of the juices to redistribute throughout the burger so that every bite is flavorful and juicy!
By following these simple tips, you can make perfect burgers every time! It isn’t too hard to get the hang of, and once you do you’ll be impressing your friends and family with your burger-making skills all year long. So fire up the grill and get cooking!